Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain


Monday, April 12, 2010

Having a Side Job

Trying to explore all areas of growing my piggy bank, I decided to take on a side job. It's actually an opportunity that fell in my lap, and only takes 2 hours every other weekend. Since I already work 40 hours a week, I wasn't looking for anything that would take a chunk of my precious free time away. So this seemed to be great.

I have started cleaning house for an elderly lady in my community. Every other Saturday morning, I work for two hours vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting and scrubbing a house that hardly ever gets dirty anyways. She is a sweet elderly lady, that is probably looking for company just as much as she's looking for a maid. We talk while I clean, and she tells me stories from long ago. I actually look forward to going there every two weeks, and sometimes will pop in for a visit in between shifts.

Although one days work doesn't seem to be that big of a payout, combining it together does. In one month I have made $100.00. Not too shabby for four hours of work. Doing this for six months will give me $600.00 that I normally wouldn't have had. My piggy bank is really loving this new opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment